Sunday, January 31, 2010

Because I said so...

It hurts to know that your doing is not being liked by your parents...
Sometimes I wonder what does really make them happy.. for me to find something that THEY love or for me to find something that I love... because now it seems that what makes them happy is if I get what they like and love and admire and not what I really want in life.
Of course, who doesn't want the best for their children.. but is it really what they're children want?? you think you know your own chil well.. but sometimes u have to learn more about them as they grow up.
I'm not their 17 year old daughter anymore.. I'm going on 27 with a mind and a dream of my own.. and I need to learn to make my own decisions and learn from my own mistakes. Playing safe all the time won't help me. I need to take chances and risks.
They've got to learn to let go... as long as I'm happy.. that should be all that matters.
Things that happen are in the hands of God.. how safe or not you protect yourselves, if things are meant to be in Gods plan, then they are meant to be...
Maybe that explains the broken line in my palm.. I'm alive.. but my heart gets broken often...
I don't need to hear my parents say Because I said so anymore. I need to say things for myself now.

1 comment:

Petite Fairy said...

i second that.. my parents still think im a child altho im 24 right now.. duh.. u cant do this u cant do that.. criticizing me in front of my siblings isnt suppose to be happening. im thinking of buying them a parenting book. im so dissappointed with them. why cant they be more open minded and supportive rather than being the one who crushes their own daughter's life.