Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mommy's Operation

Posted 29th April 2008:

Alhamdulillah, Mommy has recovered from her eye surgery. Everythin went well, though a supposedly one hour operation took 2 hours, because the doctor had a minor difficulty putting in the new lens, because of Mommy's eye shape. But all went well, nevertheless. By the way, for those who didn't know.. my mom went for surgery to remove a cataract that was inside of her eyes, rather than the normal case of having catarart kat luar mata. And the doctor also implant new lens into mommy's eye, and removed the old lapisan.

Let's go through step by step of what happened, prior and during n post surgery. Me, Mommy and Daddy went to the hospital, went to the admin office, and was told that there were no available rooms at the moment. The hospital was full house!! So we waited for almost 2 hours. And while waiting, mommy had an x-ray, a blood test and an EPG test.. i think that's what they call it.. I can't remember, though I had the same test a few years back, when I was diagnose with the Murmur of the heart.

Soon after, a patient had checked out, and Mommy could go into the room. The room was big enough for an extra bed, so we took an extra bed for me to sleep in, while I accompany mommy thru the nite. Lepas dah settle down, I went home to pack my stuff n bring nenek with me. Nenek cute giler.. jalan dah x nampak, but still semangat nak tgk nenek. Then nenek dok complain tak nampak laa.. dah tue laa.. hahahaha.. When we arrived, dinner was already served, but mommy xnak makan. So daddy walked to the near mamak restaurant kat Tmn Tun tu n bought some food for both me n her. Daddy ate the hospital food. Nenek xnak makan, coz she had cooked something at home for herself.

After daddy n nenek balik, mommy tros mintak i switch on the laptop. Nak siapkan her carry marks for her students. Which got me a bit pissed off with the whole faculty and her students. Dah tau mommy sakit, n still expect her to do work, and non-stop calling n messaging my mom until late at night. Can't they just leave her alone? Tak cukup dgn she was stressed over with the operation, with her being down the whole day, worried about herself, ditambahkan plak ngan the non stop calls. Luckily I was able to help mommy to do some of it. The nurse masuk n bising kat mommy gak.. tros the nurse gave mommy a sleeping pill. Coz she needed plenty of rest before her operation the nxt morning.

Yg lawaknye.. mase mommy took the sleeping pill, I was the one feeling sleepy. But then after mommy dah tido, I plak couldn't sleep. Maybe because of the anxiety plus nurse yg dok kuar masuk check on mommy tu... Then I bangun2 je, mommy dah siap2 nak go into surgery. Just nk tunggu nurse je amik die.

About 20 min later, the nurse came in, put in a few eye drops into mommy's eye, and soon took mommy to the operation theatre. It was that moment that I couldn't help but feeling all teary eyes. Plus mommy punye suara pun dah start sebak. But like usual, what makes me lagi sedih, when I saw daddy's eye getting all red. No tears.. but just watery n red. I told myself to control the tears, coz I didn't want Mommy to see the both of us sasd. she needed the strength. Lepas mommy masuk jer, tros daddy ajak I makan b/fast kat the cafeteria. Maybe it was the food or maybe it was me, but serious x sedap. Hahaha.. but it took my mind out of the operation for a while, sebab dok complain pasal food. Hishh.. trok betul. After that me n daddy waited in mommy's room. But bile dah nk dekat2 an hour tu, I started waiting in front of the operation theatre door. Dok jalan kehulu kehilir.. pusing2 kat dpn tu.. nurses pun pening tgk I. Hahaha.. Schatz told me to main2 lif.. but I was happier spinning around kat dpt operation theatre tu, while listening to musics on my mp3.

After almost 2 hours.. I started to panic, because mommy still didn't came out. The doctor kate, paling lame pun would be an hour n a half.. but it was already 2 hours. Panicnyer tak ingat. everytime operation theatre punye pintu bukak.. I went all jumpy. At around 10.43am, 2 hours n 20minutes after mommy went in, she came out.. antara sedar n x sedar. I kejar mommy punya bed, yg nurse tgh tolak. but bile sampai bilik, nurse suruh duduk luar. Then x sampai 5 minutes, dengar mommy dah start muntah2... a good sign in a way.

Later mommy jsut rested, though she had to vomit and buang air a number of times. Mule2 tu kene pimpin mommy, n even had to wash her up, because she was too groggy and mabuk2 to even move. But after an hour or 2, she could walk on her own, though I still accompanied her into the bathroom, just in case. Mommy still tak lalu makan, because of her dizziness... minum milo pun mommy muntah balik. So I just gave her plain water. daddy plak gi meeting, as soon as mommy dah sedar.

Lunch time came, and I was damn sleepy.. baru nk tido, mommy nk gi bilik air.. then I plak lapar.. so went down to bungkus some food. During that time, mommy dah sedap tido dah. So I tried to rest after lunch. Baru nak lelap, my mom's eldest sister, Auntie Ju n my cousins, Abg Ku Han and Kim dtg. Dahhh.. bangun balik. Hahahaha.. mase tu jugak trase cam nk mintak nurse sleeping pill. Aunty Ju stayed for about 2 hours.. all through out, she n Kim dok bercerita ngan I macam2.. even mase kitorg turun kat cafe bawah tu.. but I didn't quite pay attention, because dah terlampau mengantuk. Semue pun I main angguk jer.. Hahaha.. sian derang.. buat bazir air liur jer dok crite macam2 kat I.

5 minutes lepas derang balik, daddy plak sampai. Then we stayed for about 30 min, n daddy
sent me home. Sampai2 umah je, lepas dah ckp2 ngan nenek n bg makan kucing, I slept on the sofa for 2 hours straight. Tonite is daddy's turn to teman Mommy. And 2moro, Mommy will InsyaAllah, be discharged.

Thanks to everyone who message me n gave me words of support, as well as the doa's from all of you. Appreciate it very much. And to those people yg checked up on me n my mom ever so constantly without fail since yesterday n throughout today, you know who you are. And I appreciate the concerns. I wouldn't be this strong without you guys nyer help.

No comments: