Sunday, June 6, 2010

Travel Blog Australia: Part 6

1st June:

Today, I woke up thinking.. OMG! I'm getting on a helicopter soon! Walked to Sea World Resort after breakfast, butterflies fluttering like mad in my tummy. Met dad there, who went earlier because he 'wanted to see the dolphins'. (cute). Then we went to book my 1st flight in a helicopter. Time of flight was 1.25 and the that time it was 11am. Lamenye nk tunggguuuu... so me n dad jln2 in SeaWorld, watched the dolphin show, again. (We're over fascinated with this mammals la..) and then had lunch of seafood basket (again), watched some pirate stunt show, n walked our way to the helipad. I was having the heebie jeebies like it was nobody's business. Haha..

Skali nampak la assistant pilot. Handsomenye!!! Tros hilang nerves. muehehe. Then I went to watch the safety briefing video, before being led to the waiting area near the helipad. Come 10 minutes, the helicopter came. The assistant, owh sooo handsome, lead us to the helicopter and assist us into our seat. I was over exitedly waving towards my dad like a 5 year old kid. Then with the headphones on, the doors closed, up I went. Owh.. I took the helicopter trip with 3 other people. Don't know who they are, but naik jela kan.

The helicopter trip was fun. Not like how I imagine it would feel like. It was a smooth flight, despite the rain, wind n fog that was surrounding Gold Coast at that time. The view of Gold Coast was magnificent! I almost cried. hahaha.. Owh, did I tell u, that there's a Piazza Versace Resort near our hotel. From the outside pun dh nampak cantik, and when I viewed it from the helicopter. Woah.. mouth dropped opened! The pool itself was stunning. Huhu. It was just a 15 min flight, but it was an awesome experience before I turn 27. OMG! Must I remind myself that? huhu..

Anyway, after the ride, me n dad took the shuttle to the biggest shopping plaza in Gold Coast, called Pacific Fair. I rase boleh sesat kot dlm tu. It's like an outdoor n indoor mall, in which the outdoor mall is like street shops n what not, n the indoor shops are like normal shops we have here. Nice la jugak. So many shops, I couldn't choose which one I wanted to go into 1st. So in the end, I chose to go into those I was familiar with. And got many2 things. Hahaha... Met mom n my grandparents, who also shopped like mad. (Mom la.. not my grandparents) Then we took the shuttle back to Surfer's Paradise to grab dinner.

That's pretty much what happened today. Till 2moro. Owh.. besok nk gi Harbour Town Factory Outlet plak. OMG. Shopping lagiiii!!!!




2nd June:

Nothing much today. Just spent most of the day shopping at Harbour Town Factory Outlet. Of course.. went crazy shopping. Hahaha.. got a lot of stuff, clothes, handbags, etc. By the time I got back to the hotel I was tired. Then went out again to get dinner in Surfer's Paradise. Balik Hotel. ate dinner, just finished packing. 2moro to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, before we take a bus to Brisbane for our flight back to KL.



3rd June:

Today me n dad went to Currumbin Wildlife Sactuary, where supposdely, next to Australia Zoo, is worth to go too, to see Australian animals. Took the early shuttle there.. 1st impression "keciknyer entrance tpt ni.. betui ke 27 hectares? Hurmmm.." Went in, n saw one of the zookeepers feeding milk to Larakeets (small, colourful parrot look-a-like birds). Banyak giler larakeets! I got excited and went to the are to take some pictures, when the zookeeper offered a plate of milk to me to give the birds. I pun dgn confidentnyer gi amik. Suddenly, about 20 birds came flying up to me.. on my hands, n shoulders. Tajam kot kuku derang! Sakit woo.. I tried my very best not to shout, as not to scare the birds. But then it came where they sat on my head. Owh the claws.. scratching on my forehead n hair. I couldn't take it anymore n passed the plate back to the zookeeper. And of course, my hand n forehead bercalar2. Nasib x luke. huhu..

Then in we went to take the train to go to the main attractions. Alamak.. almost all the animals were still sleeping. Of course, it was near winter, cold n windy.. most animals prefered to sleep in. While us humans were making noise to wake the animals up. Huhu. Then I caught sight of the Koala's. Wahh.. gembiranya hati!! Comeyl n gebu.. I feel like squeezing them. Haha..

The place was pretty boring, except for the shows, koala's n kangaroos. Got to feed n pat the kangaroos. Even got a hug from one of 'em. (Aaaawwwwww) n got to hug a Koala as well (Double Aaawwww..) Owhh., and I got to see a Wombat 1st hand. The Wombat I talked about in my recent post. OMG.. 50kg's n all. Besar, gebu, cuddly.. but apparently garang animal.

Later on, me n dad headed back to the hotel, did our final packing n headed to Brisbane International Airport. Our flight got delayed for 2 hours. Technical problems with MAS Airlines. Slept most of the time in the plane.


4th June:

Glad to be home. Slept for 4 hours after we reached home sweet home. My room never looked as pretty. I slept like a log. Ngee~

Aussie was fun. Was refreshing and helped me a lot in keeping things positive and looking at the brighter side of life. I think.. NO.. I mean I know, that I'm a better person now.. In a weeks time, I'll be turning 27, and I know I'm prepared to face anything. Positive thinking and gratitude towards everything and everyone around me. That helps make me a better n wiser person.

No comments: