Sunday, May 30, 2010

Travel Blog Australia: Part 2

27th May

Today feltgood. I'm beginning to regain my strength and think more positively. Loving myself is better than ever. Started the day, waking up at 6.45am in the morning. Mommy couldn't sleep, so she cooked breakfast and woke everyone up early. Oh, by the way, Alyaa, my cousin who's currently studying in New South Wales University here in Sydney, came to join us smalam. Slept here for a night. Had a few talks. Was pretty tired but really happy to see her. Haven't seen her for a year n a half since she hasn't came back to M'sia ever since she started studying here. Everyone gave her a big fat hug. I had to control back tears. Me and my emotional, sensitive side... sheesh!

Ok.. sambung cerita. After breakfast, I sempat tido again for another hour before hitting the showers. Haha.. ngantok sgt weih!.

Our Sydney trip started with Paddy Market, somewhere near China Street. Dekat sini is where you find good bargain souvenirs. And i tell u.. they really are good bargains. The place is like a cross between Pasar Seni & a warehouse. There are all kinds of souvenir stalls, clothes, accesories, fruit and vegetable stalls. on the upper floors are factory outlet stores as well as foodcourts.

Ok.. talking about reasonable... it freaking is! Don't try converting it into ringgit, or u'll probably try to attempt comitting suicide over Sydney Harbour Bridge. hahaha.. I spent $60 for souvy's and got 2 bagfulls of keychains, magnets, clip ons, car signs and what nots. Pretty good aye?? (Kiwi slang dtg balik woo kat sini.. hahahhaa!!)

We had lunch in Paddy market. I ate Chicken kebab and this probably is the 1sy time I couldn't finish the whole thing. It's all gotta do with my loya tekak thing-a-ma-jig.

Later on we went to Circular Quay. Where we could see the harbour bridge as well as Sydney Opera House. Alyaa pronounces it like 'Skilikee'... she said all her friends pronounce Circulary Quay that way. hahaha... a 10 minute brisk walk takes you to Sydney Opera House. Cantikla kan.. but it didn't had me gasping for air, like how Eiffel Tower had on me during my trip to Paris last year. That time around, I had to choke back on tears just at the sight of it. huhu.. I didn't go in the Opera House, so I just took pictures here and there and around the harbour.

We then took a ferry back to Darling Harbour, where our hotel is. Went back, took nature's calling, rested my feet for about 30 min and was out the door with dad to Harbour Side Shopping centre. it's a 2 storey shopping mall, like the size of Ampang Park, nestled nicely beside Darling Harbour. The view of Sydney CBD (central business district) and the harbour is breathtaking. Lights here n there and the reflection on the water.. ahh.. so nice! The shopping centre had a few of my favourite shops which I loved back in Welly including - Diva, Valley Girl and Cotton On. There were also a couple of souvenir shops, but the price of the souvenirs were double to that of those in Paddy Market and their the same thing!

After say... a few bangles, a blouse or two and leggings, I headed back to the hotel which is about 5 mins walk from the shopping centre. Had dinner and here i am now writing in this travel diary which will be turned into a blog once I get internet access (oh wait.. here I am now, typing back what I wrote. haha.. :P)

My feet's tired and I'm tired. Guess it's time for me to stop writing now. Till then.

No comments: