Sunday, May 30, 2010

Travel Blog Australia: Part 3

28th May:

Today I woke up late. Probably because of last night's exhaustion. Didn't have breakfast, just straight to the shower for the trip for today.
my famil and I took the Hop-On Hop-Off bus around Sydney CBD. Errr.. Bus die buruk ye.. walaupun double decker bus. Bus lame, kerusi lebam and so forth. Next time if you people want to come to Sydney for a trip, take Sydney Explorer instead. It's AUD$5 extra than the double decker bus, but it's much nicer n covers a lot more places, though it's only a normal bus la. But nak tour punye pasal, bantai jela naik. hehe.. We didn't hop off the bus intol almost 1 1/2 rounds. Saje je nk tengok the city. The buildings, the architecture, especially the old ones, kinda reminds me of US, becausesome of the houses looks like New Orleans houses with carved woods and flowered grills. Cantik la jugak.
And I noticed that some buildings are highly influenced by Roman architecture. The statues, the NSW State Libray and others all have those Pantheon, high beamed pillars look-a-likes. Owh, and dekat sini ade Hyde Park ye. Not as big and as beautiful as the one in London, but it's still pretty nevertheless. right infront of the park is the Australian Museum, which I didn't go too, and also the Sydney Grammar School. I think it's an all boys school, because the kids that came out from the school, were all.. yeah.. boys. haha... between the age of 12-18 I guess. So nengok la calon2 anak ikan. comeyl2 gitu. hahhaha.. OMG!! Trok tul!
Later on kami gi QVB (Queen Victoria Building). It's a shopping plaza yg cantik. Kinda reminds me of Old Bank Arcade in Wellington, but this one is much bigger. Most of the shops here are of designer shops.. so xde shopping mane pun. just looked around. But there was this 'Laksa House' at the Lower Ground, yg kami budget, are owned by Malaysian Chinese. The chicken was halal, so okla. we had lunch there. The Laksa was delicious!! Mom had that, and i tasted some. But I had white rice, chicken kapitan and kacang panjang and tauhu tumis. Sedap woo.. hahaha..
After that, my grandparents and my dad went back to the hotel, and me n mom continued our shopping trip along George Street. One of the best shopping streets in Sydney, where you can practically find everything! Including 2 departmental stores, famous in Aussie: David Jones and Myers. Then, as we got tired, me n mom headed back to Harbourside shopping centre, by monorail, since mom didn't go there the 1st time around. (Ladies and shopping go hand in hand I tell ya!) we later met with dad, had dinner at the food court, me n dad had fish n chips while mom had Indian food... again.
Alyaa came again to spend the night with us at the hotel before we head to Gold Coast in the morning. Me, her n mom chatted till 2am in the morning. Time to sleep now. Nitey Nite.

No comments: